Website Terms and Conditions
- These terms of service (“Terms of Service”) are a binding legal agreement between you and HorseFinds.com, regarding your use of any sites owned by HorseFinds.com (including but not limited to this website, any of the other HorseFinds.com Network websites – i.e., the sites listed on TheSourcePublishing.com), and any products or services available from the websites (collectively, the “Websites”). Please read these Terms of Service carefully. By accessing or using the Websites, you signify your agreement to (1) these Terms of Service, and (2) the Community Guidelines incorporated here by reference. If you do not agree to any of these terms or the Community Guidelines, please do not use the Websites.[You must be at least 13 years of age to use this website. By using this website (and by agreeing to these terms and conditions) you warrant and represent that you are at least 13 years of age.]
- Although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to these Terms of Service, you should periodically review the most up-to-date version of the Terms of Service. HorseFinds.com, in its sole discretion, may modify or revise these Terms of Service and policies at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
2. The Websites
- These Terms of Service apply to all users of the Websites, including users who are also contributors of content, information, and other materials or services on the Websites.
- The Websites may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by HorseFinds.com. HorseFinds.com has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites. In addition, HorseFinds.com will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any third-party site. By using the Websites, you expressly relieve HorseFinds.com from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website.
3. General Use of the Websites – Permissions and Restrictions
HorseFinds.com hereby grants you a revocable, non-transferable, and non-exclusive permission to access and use the Websites as set forth in these Terms of Service, provided that:
- You agree not to alter or modify any part of the Websites, including but not limited to HorseFinds.com’s technologies.
- You agree not to access User Submissions (defined below) or Content through any technology or means other than any as authorized by this Terms of Service or a written agreement between you and HorseFinds.com.
- You agree not to use the Websites for any commercial use without the prior written authorization of HorseFinds.com. Prohibited commercial uses include, but are not limited to, any of the following actions taken without HorseFinds.com’s express approval:
- Sale of access to the Websites, Content or services via another website or medium (such as a mobile application);
- Use of the Websites, Content or services for the purpose of gaining advertising or subscription revenue;
- The sale of advertising, on the Websites or any third-party website, targeted to the content of specific User Submissions or the Content;
- Any use of the Websites, Content, User Submissions or services that HorseFinds.com finds, in its sole discretion, has the effect of competing with or displacing the market for the Websites, Content or User Submissions.
- You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers,” that accesses the Websites in a manner that sends more request messages to the HorseFinds.com servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional online web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, HorseFinds.com grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Websites for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. HorseFinds.com reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information from the Websites, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Websites for any commercial solicitation purposes. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Websites with respect to their User Submissions.
- You will otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service, Community Guidelines, and all applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations.
- You agree not to impersonate any person or organization.
- You agree not to harass any other user.
- HorseFinds.com reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the Websites or services at any time.
4. Your Use of Content on the Website
In addition to the general restrictions above, the following restrictions and conditions apply specifically to your use of Content on the Websites.
- The content on the Websites, except all User Submissions, including without limitation, the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, pictures, interactive features and the like (“Content”) and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein (“Marks”), are owned by or licensed to HorseFinds.com, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law. Content on the Websites is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only. HorseFinds.com reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Websites and the Content.
- You may access User Submissions solely:
- For your information and personal use in accordance with these Terms of Service; and
- As intended through the normal functionality of the Websites.
- User Comments (as defined below) are made available to you for your information and personal use solely as intended through the normal functionality of the Websites. User Comments are made available “as is,” and may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, downloaded, or otherwise exploited in any manner not intended by the normal functionality of the Website or otherwise as expressly authorized under this Agreement.
- You may access Content, User Submissions and other content only as permitted under this Agreement. HorseFinds.com reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Content and the Websites.
- You agree to not use, copy, reproduce, transmit, broadcast, sell, license, download, or otherwise exploit any of the Content other than as expressly permitted herein, including any use, copying, or distribution of User Submissions of third parties obtained through the Websites for any commercial purposes.
- You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Websites or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Websites or the Content therein.
- You understand that when using the Websites, you will be exposed to User Submissions from a variety of sources, and that HorseFinds.com is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such User Submissions. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Submissions that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against HorseFinds.com with respect thereto, and agree to indemnify and hold HorseFinds.com, its owners, operators, affiliates, and/or licensors, harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the Websites.
5. Your User Submissions and Conduct
- You may submit content (e.g., photographs, graphics, videos) and/or user comments (“User Comments”) to HorseFinds.com. User submitted content and User Comments are collectively referred to as “User Submissions”. You understand that whether or not such User Submissions are published, HorseFinds.com does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Submissions.
- You shall be solely responsible for your own User Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. In connection with User Submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: you own or have all the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize HorseFinds.com to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or proprietary rights in and to any and all User Submissions to enable inclusion and use of the User Submissions in the manner contemplated by the Websites and these Terms of Service.
- For clarity, you retain ownership of all copyrights you may have in your User Submissions. However, by submitting User Submissions to HorseFinds.com, you hereby grant HorseFinds.com a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, adapt, modify, sell, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Submissions (in whole or in part), for any purpose whatsoever, and to incorporate User Submissions in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. The foregoing license shall be broadly construed, and shall include, without limitation the right to: (i) promote and redistribute part or all of the User Submissions (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels, (ii) incorporate the User Submissions on tangible or intangible products (e.g., cups, clothing) for resale or otherwise, and (iii) use the User Submissions for promotional purposes, whether to promote the Websites, other HorseFinds.com products or services, or third party products or services. By way of clarification and not limitation, you acknowledge that you will not be entitled to any royalties or any other payment as a result of any efforts by HorseFinds.com to exploit any User Submissions. By way of further clarification HorseFinds.com may freely sublicense the rights that you grant it in this Section to a third party. To the extent necessary for HorseFinds.com to exercise its rights under the foregoing license, you hereby grant HorseFinds.com a perpetual, royalty-free and irrevocable license to exploit any personality, publicity, or privacy rights in and to the User Submissions and in your likeness as contained therein. You also hereby grant each user of the Website a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Websites, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such User Submissions as permitted through the functionality of the Websites and under these Terms of Service.
- In connection with User Submissions, you further agree that you will not submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy, personality and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant HorseFinds.com all of the license rights granted herein.
- You agree that your conduct on the Website will comport with the Community Guidelines which may be updated from time to time.
- HorseFinds.com does not endorse any User Submission or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and HorseFinds.com expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Submissions. HorseFinds.com does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on its Website, and HorseFinds.com will remove all Content and User Submissions if properly notified in a manner consistent with law and HorseFinds.com’s Copyright Infringement Notification policy that such Content or User Submission infringes on another’s intellectual property rights. HorseFinds.com reserves the right to remove Content and User Submissions without prior notice.
- If you provide feedback to us regarding the Websites, Content, or User Submissions (“Feedback”), you authorize us to use that Feedback without restriction and without payment to you. Accordingly, you hereby grant to us perpetual and irrevocable license to use the Feedback for any purpose.
6. Termination Policy
- You may terminate your use of the Website at any time. HorseFinds.com may suspend or terminate your access to the Websites or terminate these Terms of Service, at any time, for any reason. If HorseFinds.com suspects that you have violated any provision of these Terms of Service, HorseFinds.com may also seek any other available legal remedy. Your rights under these Terms of Service will terminate automatically if you breach any part of these Terms of Service. You remain solely liable for all obligations related to use of the Websites, even after you have stopped using the Websites.
- HorseFinds.com reserves the right to decide whether Content or a User Submission is appropriate and complies with these Terms of Service for violations other than copyright infringement and violations of intellectual property law, such as, but not limited to, laws regulating obscene or defamatory material. HorseFinds.com may remove such User Submissions and/or terminate a User’s access for uploading such material in violation of these Terms of Service at any time, without prior notice and at its sole discretion.
7. Copyright Infringement
- If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any User Submission or other content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Spartz, LCC’s designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is:Attention: Copyright Agent
Contact us via email at:
firstname.lastname@example.orgYou acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section 8(A) your DMCA notice may not be valid.
- Counter-Notice. If you believe that your User Submission that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the content in your User Submission, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Idaho and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, HorseFinds.com may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at HorseFinds.com’s sole discretion.
- Repeat Infringers. In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, HorseFinds.com has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances, the accounts of Users who are deemed to be repeat infringers. HorseFinds.com will terminate the access privileges of any user whom it deems, in its sole authority, has repeatedly infringed the copyright rights of others.